United Certification Systems Limited (further on – UCS) is an independent certification body the main activity of which is international voluntary certification against the GSTC standard.
UCS is in the process of accreditation on GSTC criteria - GSTC-HTO: Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria for Hotels and Tour Operators.
UCS is a holding company, which controls 2 affiliate offices:
- Forest certification LLC (FC), accredited for FSC FM (Russia and the CIS), COC (worldwide) and CW/FM (Russia and the CIS); PEFC FM (Russia) and COC (worldwide); SBP (in progress of accreditation, worldwide).
- Marine certification LLC (MC), accredited for MSC Fisheries and COC (worldwide), ASC COC (worldwide) and ASC Aqua farms worldwide (in the process of accreditation).
There is a process of transferring FSC accreditation from FC to UCS, MSC accreditation from MC to UCS.
UCS’s activities contribute to:
- Growing opportunities for development of entrepreneurship and creating new job places with low barriers to the entering the market;
- Supporting of local communities by creating new job places, providing sufficient income, developing services and infrastructures;
- Increasing awareness of natural and cultural heritage and facilitating for its conservation;
- Facilitating to health, wealth and training of the tourists and inviting parties.
The first certification scheme UCS to get the accreditation is GSTC certification, certification services of which correspond to the requirements of the following accreditation standards:
- ISO/IEC 17065:2012 (GOST R ISO/IEC 17065-2013) «Conformity assessment. Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services»,
Structure chart of UCS is available for download here .